What is the HUBZone Program?
The Historically Underserved Business Zones (HUBZone) Program aids small businesses in urban and rural communities in gaining preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. These preferences go to small businesses that obtain the HUBZone certification through the Small Business Administration (SBA), like Wildcard Corp. This program encourages economic development in those historically underutilized business zones.
The SBA determines which companies are eligible for this certification and maintains a list of qualified small businesses that federal, state, and local agencies can use to locate vendors.
How Did We Qualify?
- To qualify for the program, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a small business by SBA standards;
- Must be owned and controlled at least 51% by U.S. citizens, or a Community Development Corporation, an agricultural cooperative, or an Indian tribe;
- The principal office must be located within a “Historically Underutilized Business Zone,” which includes lands considered “Indian Country” and military facilities closed by the Base Realignment and Closure Act;
- And at least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone.
For more information, visit www.sba.gov/content/applying-hubzone-program and check out the HUBZone Map at www.sba.gov/content/hubzone-maps.
Competitive and sole source contracting, and 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions, as well as subcontracting opportunities.
Contact us at (715) 869 - 3440, or email@example.com to learn more.