Security Specialist Internship
Do you love technology? Are you looking to improve your IT skills set and gain hands-on work experience in the Information Technology sector? Wildcard Corp. is looking to add a Security Specialist Intern to our team! The Security Specialist Internship position offers on-the-job training and the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. The Security Specialist Intern will work directly with our expert staff, developing problem-solving skills, learn about Blue and Red team security strategies as well as be involved in local security team exercises.
Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving is at the core of what we do. A prime candidate would be a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on team projects. Interns receive direct training but are also expected to be capable of working independently. If you love technology, want to work in a relaxed, modern work environment, and are looking to grow with a rapidly expanding company, then Wildcard could be right for you!.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
Location: Stevens Point, WI
- Build internal security tools to assist with detection and response to incidents
- Build hardware and software security solutions
- Evaluate code for potential vulnerabilities
- Monitor Endpoint protection systems
- Provides technical support for vulnerability assessments
- Assists security staff in conducting vulnerability assessments
- Helps to compile reports and assessment documents from security work
- Assists security staff in analyzing existing security systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements
- Helps to perform Blue/Red team tasks as assigned
- Travels to client sites (10% to 25%) for on site assessments and implementations
- Must have completed two(2) semesters of coursework with an emphasis on; IT Computer Support Specialist, IT Network Specialist, IT Software Developer, security specialist or Computer
- Information Systems
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week during the school year, 40 hours over break
- Willingness to learn, grow, and take direction
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
- Be able to work in our Stevens Point office
- Paid internship - starting wage $14/hr
- Located just minutes from the MSTC and UWSP campus
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun company atmosphere
- On the job training
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position please prepare and send a pdf letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. In your email please tell us about yourself, your background, why you are interested in this opportunity, and why you believe you would be a good fit. The subject line should read “Security specialist Internship 2020.”
All applicants are required to pass a background check & qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The policy of Wildcard Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only, staffing agencies do not contact.