IT Generalist Internship
Do you like working with people to help solve their problems? Are you interested in learning about the inner workings of a company's IT infrastructure? Are you the kind of person that is always growing your skill set? Are you looking for a learning opportunity with a paid internship at a local growing MSP?
The IT Generalist internship will be developing problem solving skills, working with cutting edge technology and gaining experience in the Information technology sector. If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, then Wildcard may be the on-the-job training for you.
This position is only available at our Stevens Point office.
Seasonal Part-Time Internship (5/20/19 - 9/2/19)
- Gain experience using the problem-solving process to resolve customer issues
- Perform data entry into ticketing system
- Help manage support tickets for clients
- Learn how to gather site requirements
- Learn how to gather technical requirements
- Learn how to maintain all corporate systems, applications, tools, and services with a strong focus on security
- Gain experience setting up accounts and workstations
- Gain experience documenting solutions and procedures
- Learn how to monitor and respond to alerts
- Observe how to perform client training through ticketing system
- Travel to client sites, perform support and training as needed (up to 10% of duties)
- Gain experience in networking in a live environment
- Gain general experience working in a technology company
- Must have completed two(2) semesters of coursework with an emphasis on; IT Computer Support Specialist, IT Network Specialist, IT Software Developer or Computer Information Systems
- Familiar with Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating systems
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week during the school year, 40 hours over break
- Willingness to learn, grow, and take direction
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Be able to work in our Stevens Point office
- Located just minutes from the MSTC and UWSP campus
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun company atmosphere
- Paid internship - starting at $10/hr - up to 20 hours a week