Technical Project Manager
What does a day as a project manager at Wildcard look like? Daily you will be in charge of checking in with the team assigned to your projects, allocating resources and tasks, and making sure that the developers or designers are getting everything they need to be successful on the project. You will be in contact with our clients, ensuring they are receiving timely and accurate answers to whatever issues, concerns or questions they might have. You keep things moving. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done. Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving are at the core of what we do. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on projects, you just might be the next addition to our team we are looking for!
Why should you work at Wildcard Card? Our office environment is unique and provides many benefits. Not only can you flex your schedule and work hours as needed, but we don't require our salaried staff to punch a clock. We firmly believe in giving our staff the freedom and flexibility they need to take care of their personal lives. We offer a full health insurance plan with dental, personal time off and paid holidays.
This is a full-time position at our Stevens Point offices with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to government contracting requirements. No one on a VISA is eligible.
- Develop project scopes and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Provide the following for each project:
- Team communication, documentation and everyday management of projects
- Prioritize, initiate, plan, execute, monitor/control and close projects
- Perform quality assurance and risk management checks throughout project cycle
- Provide project budget and scheduling estimation and management
- Coordinate project team members, internal resources, departments and 3rd parties to ensure proper scheduling to meet project timelines
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate to Department Head or CEO as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the project team, client, all stakeholders and third parties
- Bachelor's Degree in the fields of computer science or software engineering
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably in the information technology sector, but can be from another sector
- Experience using agile project management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) desired
- PMP Certification desired
- Solid technical background with experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to facilitate meetings, work effectively with cross functional groups
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Such as GIT) desired
- Experience with project management technologies (Such as Jira) desired
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare with Dental
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance available
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter describing why you think you'd be a good fit for this position. Please include a link to your GitHub profile if you have one. Your application subject line should read, "Resume for Technical Project Manager 2019."
PDF files are the preferred format for electronic application submissions. Electronic applications can be submitted to the email address listed at the top of our Current Job Listings page.
All applicants will have to pass a background check and qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity employer. The policy of Wildcard Corp is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status.
Principals only, staffing agencies do not contact.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN TO APPLY