Linux Systems Administrator
Wildcard Corp. is looking to add a Linux Systems Administrator. Our ideal candidate would be able to look at big picture issues, provide engineering solutions and manage our Linux environment. This position manages multiple virtual and metal servers in a variety of environments utilizing good industry practices to keep our systems operating safely and securely.. If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, you might be a great fit for our Linux System Administrator opening.
Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving is at the core of what we do. A prime candidate would be a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on team projects.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, apply today! [See below for application instructions]
Why should you work at Wildcard?
Learn more about our company culture by visiting our Community & Culture page.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa can be considered.
- Experience with interacting with customers, senior managers, and customers, to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Resolve Linux system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file system and full disk errors.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Linux network services
- Maintain LDAP server and LDAP client on Linux machines for authorization and authentication.
- Build new Linux Virtual Machines and physical servers using templates and ISOs.
- Create new Linux templates with STIG and DISA guidelines.
- Manage package install/upgrades.
- Experience in backend solution, day to day system admin and monitoring, file system management and disk management and creation of shell scripts for the automation of tasks and the extraction of logs.
- Hardware and software installations, upgrades, maintenance, security analysis and network performance and tuning of Linux servers in a virtual infrastructure.
- Create and update operations and maintenance documentation
- Support operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Experience Installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting, RHEL, or Ubuntu Linux Distributions
- Extensive automation experience with Ansible playbooks and BASH for automating Linux installs
- 5+ years of practical experience administering Linux servers in a physical and virtual infrastructure Enterprise environment. RHCSA or RHCSE certification a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with AWS or, GCP or Azure
- Network experience and understanding with the following: TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, DHCP and BGP.
- Experience with storage tools such as LVM,CEPH , XFS, NAS and SAN
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of experience.
- Must be US citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare with Dental
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Relocation assistance available
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com in PDF format.
In your cover letter please tell us about yourself, what kind of background you come from, why you are interested in this opportunity, and why you believe you would make a good fit.
The subject line should read "Linux Systems Administrator 2021."
All applicants will have to pass a background check as well as qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The policy of Wildcard. Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Staffing agencies do not contact
No call centers