Junior Systems Engineer
Wildcard Corp. is looking to add a Junior Systems Engineer. Our ideal candidate would be able to look at big picture issues, find solutions and opportunities for us to grow. This position would conduct infrastructure deployments, system builds, and low level assistance to the system administrators. If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, you might be a great fit for our Junior Systems Engineer opening.
Our Junior Systems Engineer is a key staff member helping to drive our company's customer support team and provides guidance to help us grow our business. At Wildcard Corp., we provide creative solutions to fit our customers' needs, using what is in their best interest, not ours to get the job done.
Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving is at the core of what we do. A prime candidate would be a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, can effectively collaborate on team projects, and has strong linux skills.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, apply today! email@example.com
Learn more about Wildcard Corp. on our company culture &community involvement page.
This position is only available at our Stevens Point office.
- Works under direct supervision
- Participates in rotational on call schedule
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to climb a ladder carrying equipment (1-15lbs)
- Must be able to sit or stand for over an hour without issues
- Uses problem solving process to resolve system and network related deployments and problems
- Manages tasks through use of ticketing system
- Communicates with support staff on current issues and projects
- Works with staff to resolve customers issues and concerns in the event issues are systems or network related
- Travel to client sites, perform support and training as needed (10% to 20%)
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Gathers site requirements
- Gathers technical requirements
- Provides technical subject matter expertise to business development teams
- Working closely with the IT teams to provide a robust and stable infrastructure on which to build our products.
- Provide recommendations for upgrading & replacing hardware.
- Build and maintain Servers (Physical & Virtual) to include architecture, allocation, and deployment
- Conducts systems and network upgrades
- Administration, configuration, and maintenance of all system and network infrastructure
- Manages wireless network infrastructure to include WIFI, Zigbee, and wireless point-to-point technologies
- Perform data migrations
- Provision on premise and cloud resources
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Monitor and respond to alerts
- Develops and trains staff and customers on new technologies
- Develops, maintains, and provides oversight technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Conducts research on new technology as well as provides recommendations to senior staff for future use
- Provides recommendations and technical advice to staff
- Presenting ongoing recommendations for operational improvements and managing technical projects
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have either an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Services, Network Services, or 2+ years of relevant experience in an I.T. position
- In depth knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Advanced Linux System Administrator Certification; LIPC or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and network deployment at small to medium size enterprises.
- Experience with VoIP systems
- Knowledge of hypervisor technologies including kvm, hyper-v, and exsi
- Knowledge of various storage systems such as CEPH, ZFS, XFS, S3 etc.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms to include Amazon web services, Google Cloud Platform, and OpenStack
- Knowledge of system and network security (e.g. intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of software defined networking
- Strong knowledge of system and network engineering principles
- Ability to proficiently write scripts in Python and Ansible as well as others
- Ability to self-start and prioritize, plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks efficiently in a very demanding environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work at our Stevens Point offices
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare with Dental
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Relocation assistance available
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position please prepare and send a pdf letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the letter please tell us about yourself, what kind of background you come from, why you are interested in this opportunity, and why you believe you would make a good fit. The subject line should read Junior Team Administrator - Managed Services 2020.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The policy of Wildcard Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only, staffing agencies do not contact.