DevOps Engineer Junior
Wildcard Corp., a Central Wisconsin company that specializes in Web Development, Cyber security and IT solutions, has an immediate opening for a Devops Engineer Junior. We at Wildcard pride ourselves on our great employee work environment, flexible hours and great benefits package. As a company that stays ahead of the newest and best trends in technology, we are experts in our field!If you love technology, want to work in a relaxed, modern work environment, and want to grow with a rapidly expanding company, then this is the company for you.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer Junior with hands-on-experience in Cloud and Containerized Platforms along with a solid understanding of modern DevOps concepts. You will work in a fast paced environment providing solutions and enhancements to operational problems in subjects such as Monitoring, Automation Tooling, CI/CD, and Infrastructure as Code.
You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa will be considered.
- Be part of high level time sensitive support for major customers
- Work with project managers, programmers, systems developers, and designers during the development process
- Function as the bridge between developers and operations staff supporting the packaging, testing, deployment, and monitoring of services
- Performs daily/weekly reviews of systems as needed to maintain uptime
- Documents procedures, system designs, and testing of software
- Support of diverse platforms and frameworks
- Support Open Source projects as directed
- Function as part of a team responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the Wildcard production environment
- Contribute to the implementation and design of systems and networks used to operate production infrastructure with a focus on automation
- Collaborate with developers on operations-related issues and provide support
- Troubleshoots issues across the entire stack
- Participates in the On-call rotation and after-hours work during pre-scheduled maintenance hours
- Solid command-line Linux skills
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and DC/OC a plus
- Experience with automation tooling similar to Jenkins and Ansible a plus
- Database management (postgresql, couchdb) experience a plus
- Knowledgeable about continuous integration and delivery, monitoring and alerting
- Beneficial having experience with log aggregation tools such as Elasticsearch and Graylog
- Beneficial having experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, and Nagios.
- Python experience a plus
- Experience with linux based operating systems such as Ubuntu and CentOS
- Aptitude for learning. New projects, new teams, new technologies mean having to adjust and learn all the time. If you don’t want to grow and learn, we’re not a fit.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
- Must be able to work at our Stevens Point offices
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remote when needed
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us as email@example.com in PDF format. The subject line should be Resume for Devops Engineer Junior 2019. All applicants will have to pass a background check as well as qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The policy of Wildcard. Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Staffing agencies do not contact
No call centers