Business Development Specialist
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to sell big tech to high-value clients across the nation? We are Wildcard Corp, one of the midwest’s best-kept secrets of technology fanatics. We are looking to expand our business development team by searching for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial minded candidate to join us as a Business Development Specialist.
If you want to ditch the corporate life to work for a small business with big clientele, build new relationships, and help craft our corporate message, we want to talk to you. A regular day would involve: researching and reaching out to prospective clients, negotiating original contracts, providing proposal requirements, and working with subject matter experts to propose custom solutions to meet future client needs.
Why should you work at Wildcard?
Our office environment is unparalleled with flexibility. We firmly believe in giving our staff the freedom to take care of their personal lives. You can flex your schedule and we do not require our salaried staff to punch a clock. Wildcard offers a competitive salary including quarterly and sales-based bonuses with a comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full insurance plan, including medical, dental, and vision, personal time off, and paid holidays.
Learn more about our workplace by visiting our Community and Culture page.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa will be considered.
- Identify, research, and develop new business opportunities by contacting and advancing relationships with potential clients utilizing a variety of communication mediums including phone calls, video conferencing, email, and in-person meetings
- Conduct onsite visits to prospective clients for meetings and sales presentations
- Lead and present product demonstrations to prospective businesses, organizations, and associations
- Coordinate and collaborate with team members to identify solutions to solve prospect’s pain points
- Conduct extensive market research to gain an understanding of how the brand can be positioned in a certain market. This involves tracking competitor activity and strategies in that market, as well as identifying purchase patterns and emerging trends.
- Research and analyze competitors’ past contracts, winning proposals, and pricing plans to build strategies to remain competitive in the market
- Research, develop, and implement business development plans
- Track and monitor all business development initiatives to ensure business growth
- Use lead management processes and CRM software to document and maintain all records and reports of activities.
- Communicating customer requirements to product management teams
- Negotiating contract terms
- Travel about 30-40% of the time to facilitate business development operations
- Organize and attend marketing events including trade shows, conferences, and industry days
- Support and facilitate Wildcard's involvement in industry organizations as a representative of the company
- Manage government contract requirements and work with staff for government reporting
- Work with contracting officers on Wildcard's current contract vehicles/cooperative purchasing contracts to maintain and promote the company's services to members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer information systems, business, marketing, sales, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing and sales
- Proven ability to write marketing materials including web content
- Ability to navigate and use Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and other Google operations
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate superior time management skills and goal-oriented
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience working with a CRM and project management software is helpful, but not necessary
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare with Dental and vision
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance available
- Quarterly bonus schedule based on Sales goals
- Commission Plan
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. The subject line should read "Resume for Lead Generations Specialist 2022." All applicants will have to pass a background check as well as qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The policy of Wildcard. Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Staffing agencies do not contact
No call centers